What we are doing as an organization
As our local communities continue to become more diverse, we understand that having diversity in perspective and lived experience will not only allow us to best serve our communities, but allow us to continue to evolve as an inclusive organization.
This is new to us, but our commitment to Diversity, Equity and Inclusion, is to continue to listen, learn, and explore innovative ways to connect with diverse communities. Our goal is to build an organization that champions equity, values different backgrounds and celebrates unique perspectives.
- We are getting help- We know we’re not the expert, so we’re partnering with local organizations that are
- We are listening- We are surveying our organization to get a better understanding of our staffs needs and wants when it comes to DEI
- We are learning- Local partners are helping us elevate our level of awareness and education through tailored educational materials and trainings
- We are changing- We are updating our employee handbook to be reflective of the inclusive and most modern policies, verbiage, and terminology
- We are committing- Whether it be through our long term Strategic Plan or partnerships in the community, we are committing ourselves to meaningful change for the long term
- We are keeping ourselves accountable- We are sharing our progress, and our shortfalls with full transparency to the organization
- We are using our platform- We are actively including and sharing DEI content in our communication channels
- We are making connections- We are increasing our connections with local BIPOC owned businesses, BIPOC focused initiatives, and community organizations
- We are keeping ourselves accountable- to be transparent